Follow Us @abellasbeauty

Monday, June 6, 2016

5 Fragrances That Smell Like Orchids


How I love those days when our old back yard was full of orchids! 
Nowadays, there's nothing that reminds me of those beautiful and fragrant flowers as a good perfume with orchid notes.

My love for those unique flowers started at a young age while I was playing and running outside an old colonial house in South America. You could easily smell the aromatic exotic flowers of Venezuela's Tropical Gardens from the house courtyard, while hanging in the hammocks.

Years pass by and I still recall those days every single time I smell a fragrance which notes include Orchids. I can not help myself but to get a sample-or two- and take them home.

I have tried so many good perfumes with orchids notes that I have lost count. I have make this post to show you the ones I like the most. Two of the fragrances in the list I always keep in my perfume tray -Flowerbomb and Euphoria- together with Coco Mademoiselle and Hypnotic Poison, of course, which I can not go without.

Unfortunately, I can not go back to Venezuela and when I feel nostalgic I simply get my Flowerbomb perfume and I spritz on a little bit and I am instantly taken back to my youth days.
Having fragrances that remind you of places you have been before, or people you have met it is, somehow, therapeutic. Dwelling in the past, however, it is not. I personally use fragrances to help myself soothe and relax from a hard day at work.

What fragrances do remain you of good and positive times?

Here is my collection of fragrances that smell like Orchids:

1. - Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier - A bold and sweet perfume that awakes your feelings. Notes are rose, fresh anis, orange blossom, ginger, vanilla, amber, orchids 

2. - Fantasy by Britney Spears - A sensual, fruity and gourmand scent. Notes are litchi, golden quince, kiwi, jasmine, white chocolate, orchids, orris root, musk and woods.

3. - J'Adore by Christian Dior - A modern and feminine fragrance, fresh, sweet and fruity at the same time, which notes are mandarin, jasmine, orchid, rose, amaranth, musk and blackberry.

4. - Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf  - An explosion of fresh flowers and sweet notes: Bergamot, green tea, Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia rose, freesia, Cattleya orchid, Musk, and patchouli.

5. - Euphoria by Calvin klein - An exotic and mysterious floral-fruity fragrance. Notes in this perfume are rose hip, japanese apple, green leaves, lotus, black orchid, red woods, black violet and amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment